Welcome to my blog!

Hello from New England! Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Frost warning tonight...


Words one dreads to hear, especially when one just went and filled window boxes and plant pots this past weekend. Darn. I also had put out my Goldfish plant, Mandevilla, and my flowering maple last week. They had actually suffered from a bit of sunburn, poor things. Gotta watch that next year. They were used to bright indirect light most of the winter from my dining room window.
I brought in the Mandevilla and
Flowering Maple, and covered up all my plant pots and Goldfish plant right



(Note: these photos are from last summer)

outside the back door. Since the deck is elevated up one level, I am hoping the combination of that and being on the east/south side will help them through the night. I have several big heavy pots, and really didn't want to bring them into the kitchen for the night. I threw covers over some of the flowers by the front walk, as the cold air has a tendency to settle there.

I sure hope everything survives ok. They are saying 33F, but you never know.

0 comments: