Welcome to my blog!

Hello from New England! Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Turkey Day #2...



Today, I simmered the turkey carcass (isn't that an awful word?!) to make stock. It will make a nice turkey soup.

I also made the Stovetop stuffing. Since we eat our biggest meal at lunch time, it was no big deal that I didn't get it done yesterday. Plus I didn't have it until my honey brought it home last night from the store on his way home from work. (Did I mention we are a one car family now? No? Topic for another post...)
I like to make my stuffing in muffin tins. We like it slightly crunchy, not too mushy, and this method helps crunch it up a bit. I mix it up with the 1 1/2 cups of hot water like it calls for in the microwave method. This I spoon it lightly into greased muffin cups, don't pack it. (can't remember if I greased them last time, but this time I did, and it was fine)
Bake it on 350F for about 20 minutes. 25 minutes was too long, as it started to get a bit too crunchy/chewy at that point. You can either serve them individually, or just scoop them out into a bowl.

I guess we will be eating turkey dinner for a couple of days. I just love leftovers like these, don’t you?

0 comments: