Welcome to my blog!

Hello from New England! Thanks for stopping by!

Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

January 22 2008

I'm trying to get organized to do some sewing. I also want to get back into scrapbooking, and really make some headway on this. Plus, I am working on a cross stitch project most every evening for my mother. I really enjoy cross stitching. I finally got my older projects washed and ready for framing. The shocker was when I priced a small 6 x 8 project for framing. $80!!! I immediately decided to try doing this myself. I have some bigger projects - 12 x 16, etc, so I can only imagine how much that might cost. Even WITH a Michaels' coupon. The trick for framing cross stitch is to use....darn! Don't you hate when that happens? I know what they are called, but can't for the life of me remember what it is at the moment. Anyway, they go between the frame and glass so the glass doesn't squish your needlework. SPACERS!!! See, I knew what they were called. :0)) Just took a minute for that file to download.
I have so much I want to do - so many quilting projects, so much fabric to use up - that I am overwhelmed. Yes, I know. Bite off small bites, right? I'm trying...and I won't even mention the wool felt project waiting to be stitched...

I can make such a mess. I bought 4 craft tables from Costco. They are great, height adjustable... and every one of them has stuff on it. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on myself. I really need cabinetry to store alot of this stuff. I get out my project, and there it sits. I would have cabinets, except we plan to move this spring or summer. We are SO hoping.

Which brings me to another 'project'. Finding a house. Getting preapproved. Oh the joy... Since it's still only January, available houses are at a minimum, with one or two trickling onto the market every other day or so. And the other problem - it's so darn expensive here! We live in north central CT, in a nice safe community, about 25 minutes from my husband's job. We really hate to get any further away, but the property taxes here are $4000 on up. That add's alot to your mortgage payment. If we cross the border into Massachusetts, the property tax gets cut in half. But the available housing and the areas we would consider are minimal. SO....I guess we just keep looking, and hope something comes onto the market in the next few months that we can afford, like, has reasonable taxes, and within 30 - 40 minutes from work. Wish us luck!

0 comments: